Doctor insights on:
How Can I Get Rid Of My Scars Safely
Time: Scars mature and can continue to improve for up to a year. They are sun-sensitive and may become hyperpigmented with sun exposure. The best way to treat a scar depends on the scar. Options include silicone gel, silicone sheeting, use of filler (for spot or crater-like scars), laser therapy, hydroquinone, dermabrasion, or kenalog (triamcinolone) injection, or surgical scar revision. See your plastic surgeon. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have mild acne and I'm taking lymecycline and I was wondering if this would get rid of my scars?
Won't touch scars: I'm sorry your acne was neglected and you ended up with scars. You also know not to use just an antibiotic as monotherapy for acne -- you also need a topical agent such as benzoyl peroxide or retinoic acid or both. Laser Rx, filler injection, or microsurgery may help the scars. Best wishes. ...Read more
Fade it, not get rid: Once you have a scar it will always be present, but there are various ways of improving a scars appearance. Taking good care of wounds will help...Keep them clean and moist. Topical treatments like scar recovery gel can help. Older scars may benefit from treatments like scar revision, dermabrasion, laser treatments, peels. Seek a local plastic surgeon to get specific recommendations for you. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- I have red blotches on my skin how can i safely get rid of them
- How can i get rid of scars?
- How can i get rid of unwanted scars?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do i safely get rid of this blood vessel under my eye?
- How to get rid of my scars?
- How do i get rid of a scar on my ear?
- How do i get rid of scars on my legs?
- How can i get rid of scars on my legs?