Doctor insights on:
How Can I Get Rid Of Lice Quickly
Special shampoo: Special shampoos, some available over the counter, are generally very effective in removing the lice infestation. Read the directions carefully- some require a second shampoo about a week later. Some say mayonnaise, olive oil or butter rubbed into the hair is effective, but there are no supporting scientific studies on these forms of treatment. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Shave off hair: Perhaps a little flippant, but the only "permanent" way to get rid of lice is to shave your head. Since most of us won't do that, there are other options you can employ to make sure you don't get it back. Wash all head and hair accessories on hot, or soak in alcohol. Clean fabrics such as couches after exposure. And don't share hats! avoid trying on helmets in stores. Check hair frequently. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I want to know what's the quickest way to get rid of lice. Any type of medicine or any type of technique?
OTC shampoo: There are several otc shampoos available at most pharmacies. Make sure you purchase one that kills the eggs too. Follow the directions closely, make sure all close family members, bedmates, etc. Are also treated at the same time. All bed clothing, towels, etc. Have to be washed thoroughly before being used after your treatment. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Salt water bathing: The only natural way to get rid of lice is regular (several times per day) swimming in salt water making sure the head gets soaked with the salt water. You can comb out lice but no natural product will get rid of them. Remember to wash your sheets, sterilize your house and take care of other family members at the same time. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can i quickly get rid of a swollen lip from being hit?
- How can i get rid of pimples on my back and face quickly?
- How can i get rid of head lice without spending any money?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can i get rid of a boil quickly?
- How can i get rid of belly fat quickly?
- How can i get rid of flea bites quickly?
- How can i get rid of a dental abscess on my own no insurance now?
- Talk to a pediatrician online