Doctor insights on:
How Can I Get My Grandpa To Do Physical Therapy For His Knees
May Not Be Able To.: It is not always possible to get other people to do things they don't want to do. You can make the suggestion to go, offer to go with him, do the home exercises with him, etc. Sometimes making it into or tying it to a social activity, will increase their desire to participate. Check out local adult centers and fitness groups. Whatever his decision, be supportive. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Chondromalacia patella for around 4 months, physical therapy did not help, some options to help the knee get better without surgery?
Consider Surgery: Conservative management of Chondromalacia patella includes icing, taping, bracing, and exercise to stabilize your patella. If PT with exercise and icing/taping did not help,an Orthopaedic Surgeon can evaluate you for patella alta or baja, put a camera into your knee to look for a plica, remove damaged cartilage, and give an expert opinion of your biomechanical foot/knee/patellar alignment. ...Read more
My knee fibrous capsular is tight, how can I get it flexible ? I have tried physical therapy but i doesn't work
As above: Than see u pcp and try to find out what is going on>. ...Read more
Minimal needed: Most people should require only minimal therapy. My patients get 2-3 weeks of home therapy with isometric quad sets, straight leg raises if no back problems, short distance walking and stationary bike can start at 2-3 weeks. No aggrresive therapy that hurts. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Focus on quadriceps: Straight leg raises and quadriceps contractions are usually allowed and warranted to eventually allow for crutch free ambulation. Of course your specific injury and/or surgical intervention will ultimately dictate what you should do during your recovery. Your treating physician should be the best source of information for your specific knee injury. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can i do simple physical therapy exercises at home to strengthen the knees?
- How do i get my doctor to admit me to the hospital for back pain?
- How can i get my son to stop cracking his fingers?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can i get my fingers to be stronger for catching a football?
- What are some physical therapy exercises i can do for my sprained hand?
- How do i get my son to lower his voice?
- How can i get my girlfriend to get help for her ocd?
- Talk to a geriatrician online for free