Doctor insights on:
How Can I Fix My Broken Finger
Xray and MD.: Proper diagnosis and treatment (splint, tape, or possible surgery) may be necessary for best long-term outcome. Self-diagnosis and non-treatment often leads to permanent loss of function and later arthritis problems in the damaged digit. The person who treats themself has a fool for a patient. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends on break: Very much depends on the details. At its most basic all fractures need to have the pieces in the right place (so-called reduction, if they are out of place) and then held in place (so-called fixation) reduction can mean anything from leaving the fracture as is to closed manipulation to open surgery. As to fixation this can be anything from a splint to cast to plating, pins and screws. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes, multiple ways: Depending on the timing to present to a doctor, most fractures can be set by manipulation within 7-10 days. If longer than that time, or if inadequately reducible (set), surgery may be required to move interfering soft tissue and secure by casting, pinning, screws and possibly plates. The less severe or the more rigidly fixed, can be "moved" earlier, which may avoid stiffness later after healing. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can i tell if my finger is broken?
- How can i get a broken needle out of my finger?
- How do i tell if my finger is broken?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can i fix my sore heels?
- How can i fix my overbite?
- How can i fix my insomnia?
- How can i tell if my foot is broken?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free