Doctor insights on:
How Can I Expect My Hair To Change In Pregnancy
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
Probably: I have historically counseled all my pregnant patients to avoid all extraneous "products"/"chemicals" during their pregnancy. Even though hair relaxers are applied topically; they are absorbed through your scalp and the make-up of the products is the unknown. Some might argue differently but i always err on the side of caution; better to avoid in the short term than risk long term problems. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Avoid 1st trimester: Harm to babies by perming hair has not been proven, but it is wise to minimize exposure to toxic chemicals during pregnancy- but this is esp. Important in the 1st trimester, when toxic exposures are most likely to cause birth defects. I would avoid throughout pregnancy to be safe, but there is no evidence it is harmful in later pregnancy- see http://aje.Oxfordjournals.Org/content/149/8/712.Full.Pdf. ...Read more
Hair loss: Unusual, unless induced by medication or topical agents or something physiological. Best to have it looked at by pcp. ...Read more
Probably safe: http://www.babycenter.com/404_is-it-safe-to-color-my-hair-during-pregnancy_3273.bc I agree with the statements made on babycenter's website. While it mainly affects women in their first trimester, always keep in mind that the "natural" malformation rate is in the range of 3+ %. If your baby happens to have a malformation and you were exposed to a chemical believed to be safe, doubts may haunt you. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can i expect my breasts to change in pregnancy?
- How long should i expect to have blood in my pee after having a prostate biopsy?
- How can i avoid swelling in my hands and feet during pregnancy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can i cure my copd breathlessness in order to sleep?
- How can i help my baby adjust to sleeping in his room and not in our bed?
- How can i get my dependent husband to engage in the activities he likes again?
- How or what can i use to treat thinning hair in a woman?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online