Doctor insights on:
How Can I Dry Up My Milk Without Being Engorged
No: Moderate exercise has been shown to increase prolactin, a helpful hormone for breast feeding. Strenuous exercise may increase the lactate level in milk which may change the taste a bit. Sweat may introduce a salty taste, so showering before a feeding is reasonable after a workup. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Ice packs: Apply ice packs to your breasts for 10-20 minutes at a time several times a day. ...Read more
Besides weaning off breastfeeding slowly so I'm not in pain. What else can help dry up my milk quicker??
Can't have both: if you want to have less pain simply follow the course you're on. Taking medication to dry up the supply is unnecessary and probably NOT less painful ...Read more
Breast Milk Supply: Active ingredient is gaufenisin- which will not effect milk supply. However the dosage of guafenisin in Robitussin (guaifenesin) is low and not shown to be clinically effective. American college of chest physicians discourages the use of any over the counter cough medications as they are all ineffective. ...Read more
Bind & ice: To stop the flow of milk, wear a tight fitting sports bra, apply ice packs and don't allow any stimulation of the breasts. Avoid letting shower water hit them, do not stimulate during sex play and try to keep your 2 year old from touching them. Do not squeeze the nipples to see if milk is still coming. ...Read more
Feed your baby: Breast feed regularly, drink plenty of fluids and continue prenatal vitamins. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do i dry up my breast milk?
- How can i cover up my pimples without using makeup?
- How can i keep my milk supply up?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can stress cause my breast milk to dry up?
- How late can my period be without being pregnant?
- Can you produce milk without being pregnant?
- Can women produce milk without being pregnant?
- How many feedings can i skip without making my milk supply dry out?