Doctor insights on:
How Can I Decrease The Symptoms Of My Gallbladder
Cholecystectomy: Gallbladder removal (cholecystectomy) remains the "gold standard" for treatment of gallbladder disease. It is a safe, usually simple operation, typically performed via minimally-invasive surgery. While there are methods to dissolve gallstones, they fail because the stones return. Avoiding fried and fatty foods may decrease the probability of attacks but is not foolproof. ...Read more
Low fat diet: Your gallbladder stores bile. When you eat fatty foods or fried foods the gallbladder secretes the bile to break the foods down. So if you want to keep your gallbladder happy avoid foods high in saturated fats and fried foods. Eat a healthy diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Food intolerance: Nausea, pain, and intolerance to certain types of food are the hallmarks of gb disease. An inflamed gb can cause fevers, vomiting, and tenderness along the right side of the abdomen. It is not necessary to have stones in the gb to give you gallbladder trouble. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have been told I have a callapsed gallbladder and have symptoms of gallbladder problems should have more tests done?
Biliary colic: Your gallbladder could be the cause of your abdominal pain aka biliary colic. A surgery consult is indicated. Where risk/benefit analysis of organ retention vs surgical removal/laprascopic cholecystectomy can be discussed. Take a friend with you. Your surgeon may order more tests. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
DIETARY FREEDOM: There is no lifetime physiologic consequence to having your gallbladder removed. We allow our patients to resume fatty food intake almost immediately. Some patients (@10% of men, 30% women) will have urgency, which is the urgent need to have a bm after a meal. This is self-limited in most cases, but if persists longer than desired it can be stopped with Imodium ad. Good luck. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can i treat swelling on the roof of my mouth?
- The top of my feet itch how can i relieve the itch
- How can i treat extremely dry skin on the tops of my toes?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can i take the redness and acne out of my face?
- How can i lighten the color of my skin is there any cream i can use?
- How can i get rid of the swollen glands in my throat?
- How can i toughen the skin on soles of my feet?
- Talk to a hepatologist online for free