Doctor insights on:
How Can I Be Underweight But Not Have An Eating Disorder
Good observation...: Looks like u're trying to lose weight & u're noticing that ur ways are suggestive of an eating disorder. The focus now should be on the eating disorder & it's underlying belief system, body image, related issues... U'll then be freer to lose weight (or not) from a space of wellness & wholeness, not a space of confusion & lack. Ur goal will also likely become to lose weight, not be underweight! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Absolutely. An : Eating disorder is more than anorexia (where one is very thin and still believes to be fat) or bulimia. Having an eating disorder has to do with one's relationship to food which could be described as unhealthy or problematic. Eating more than one needs when not hungry, emotional overeating, etc. ...Read more
Absolutely: There are types of disordered eating characterized by binge eating which even after purging, result in normal or perhaps slightly overweight bodies. Being caught up in a non-healthy compulsive eating pattern is the prime characteristic in my opinion. Therapists expertised in this area will be able to help find solutions regardless of bmi status. Not having the medical threat of starvation is good! ...Read more
What to do if I am going to an endocrine and I'm bulimic but my mom doesn't know can they find out u have an eating disorder if u are not underweight?
Are you eating less?: If you are not eating less, then i think that you should see your family doctor for an evaluation regarding physical causes of weight loss. It would certainly be very unusual for an eating disorder to start at your age. Hyperthyroidism and other causes of weight-loss including malignancy must be ruled out. Best wishes. ...Read more
Im 21- and female with an eating disorder (ednos)- im 5'2 ' in height and underweight. Not able to eat no matter what.Why?
Are you overly: self-critical about your weight, your body shape or size? Do you diet often? Use laxatives or diuretics to maintain weight. Are you significantly over or under weight. Eat until you feel over-full? Scared to eat? Eat in secret? Do you over-exercise? Make yourself vomit to handle your weight? If any of things apply - encourage medical and psychiatric evaluation. Take care. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- I have way too much sleep how can i reduce sleep but not be sleepy either
- Can you be underweight or a healthy weight and still have binge eating disorder?
- How can i not be anemic and have low iron saturation levels?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I have an eating disorder how is my skin health related to my dietary health
- How soon after a miscarriage can i have an orgasm?
- Can a high ige level in the blood be an indicator that i have cancer?
- I have been getting small vaginal sores that are not an std what could they be
- Talk to a psychiatrist online for free