Doctor insights on:
How Can I Be Sure That I Have Celiac Disease
In celiac disease, the body reacts to gluten (in wheat and gluten-like proteins in rye and barley) resulting in damage to the small intestine. This limits the intestine's ability to absorb some nutrients. Typically, people with celiac disease have loose stools, bloating, abdominal pain or discomfort, weight loss, poor weight gain ...Read more
I'm not 100% sure I have celiac disease but i was just wondering if you have it is it ok to eat a mcchicken sandwich without the bun with the fries?
A few things...: See your doctor: -Might need to meet with a nutritionist to learn where gluten is found (or hidden) in food. -Bone density testing is recommended. -Nutrient levels like iron, B12 and Vitamin D may be checked. -Certain vaccines are indicated compared to normal population (specifically pneumococcal). -A GI doctor should discuss need for endoscopy as well. ...Read more
No: Celiac disease does run in some families, but that does not mean every member of the family will get the disease. If a parent has celiac disease, the baby's doctor can follow the baby's growth at the regular check-ups, and may do occasional blood tests to look for celiac disease. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Celiac disease: Celiac disease is caused my blood cells in your body that have developed sensitivity to a grain protein called gliadin. Wheat, rye, barley and spelt contain this protein. Most persons with cd can eat other grains but industrial processing contamination can be an issue; so let you body tell you which alternative grain products you can tolerate. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i have celiac disease if colonoscopy was clear?
- How can i be sure that i have vitiligoand how do you get it?
- I think i have fluorosis how can i tell for sure
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do i know if i have celiac disease?
- How do i for sure know if i have a uti?
- Do i have celiac disease?
- How can i know for sure if im pregnant?
- Talk to an allergist online for free