Doctor insights on:
How Can Hypoparathyroidism Cause Tetany
Hypoparathyroidism is the condition of having an underactive parathyroid gland, resulting of low levels of calcium in the blood. This may produce a wide range of symptoms throughout the body, including muscle cramps, tingling sensations throughout the body, dry ...Read more
Many different cause: Underactivity of the parathyroid glands probably most commonly results from thyroid surgery or treatment which can damage the small imbedded glands. It is quite rare and the list of potential causes is very long. One should consider viral or autoimmune damage to the glands as well as many know genetic inborn error of metabolism. The opposite condition, hyperparathyroidism is more common. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Sorry need more info: If you have tetany (involuntary muscle contratures) then would consider abnormalities of calcium and magnesium levels. Hyperventilation can cause this and of course there are life threatening causes in which case you wouldn't be writing this question. Would need to know more about your meds and supplements and how high is your gpt? ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I take lithium and seeing and endocrinologist bc of hypoparathyroidism and calcium. The med may have caused this. If this is removed will it come back?
No.: Uterine tetany is usually related to Oxytocin administered to augment labor after labor induction. This must be done in the hospital where they can administer Magnesium sulfate to reverse it, if needed, and monitor the well-being of the baby. Abruptio placentae and other rare metabolic conditions. There have been ruled out already, I presume. Actually walking will increase blood flow. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can grapefruit affect calcium levels for people with hypoparathyroid?
- What could be causing my hypoparathyroidism if my calcium levels are normal?
- How can miscarriages be caused?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can psoriasis cause arthritis how?
- How trauma can cause sialadentis?
- How can i cause a miscarriage?
- What causes head lice and how they can be treated?
- Talk to a neurologist online