Doctor insights on:
How Can Anthrax Survive Harsh Conditions
Endospores: The bacillus anthracis can form dormant endospores, that are able to survive in harsh conditions for literally centuries. But, when the spores are inhaled, ingested, or come into contact with a host, they often reactive, and then rapidly multiply. However, the host does have to have a lowered threshold for the organism to produce the toxin that is so deadly. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Endospores: Bacillus Anthracis spores (endospores) are dormant & can be found on in the soil of all the continents. The spores are hardy & can survive in many environments for centuries. ...Read more
Bacterial infection: Infectious disease caused by bacteria called bacillus anthracis. Called woolsorter's disease because those at highest risk work around hoofed animals such as sheep, cattle, goats. Infection in humans most often involves the skin, gastrointestinal tract, or lungs. Can be treated with certain antibiotics. Can be fatal if not treated. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How is it that anthrax can survive harsh conditions for years or more?
- How can i treat anthrax?
- How long can one survive without dialysis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long can someone survive with leukocytosis?
- How long can sperm survive in the ovarian tubes?
- How long can a person survive with kidney failure?
- How long can hiv survive in water?
- Talk to a dermatologist online