Doctor insights on:
How Can A Person Be Tested For Drug Allergies
Not common: It is not common to test for drug allergies. The way to determine if you have an allergy is to see what happens when you take a drug. Certain drugs you know you might have an allergy to if you have other allergies like eggs and Propofol (the drug that mj overdosed on). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Allergies occur when your immune system is triggered by envirionmental factors it should ignore--for example, pollen in the air, or dander on a cat or dog--and creates cells to fight against them. An allergic reaction typically causes itching, congestion, or drainage, and ...Read more
What r chances an adult w/no known food allergies will develp one? Does having drug allergies increase a person's chances?
Does a person who has multiple drug allergies and is also just prone to hives also have to avoid high-risk foods even if not officially allergic?
What is the context: Depends on what you are looking for. No simple test. There are specific tests for certain things (penicillin). There are a few tests done to determine if an individual can tolerate a certain med (G6PD). Mostly, though, it comes down to trial of a med and knowledge of what to look for. For example if you get a cough with ACE inhib (lisinopril) your DR will change you to ARB (valsartan) ...Read more
Can't test for drugs: Penicillin is the only antibiotic that can be reliably skin tested. There are only a few other drugs for which skin testing has been shown to be reliable. By taking a detailed history, an allergist can often reliably determine if a person has experienced an allergic reaction to a particular drug. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How does a person get tested for cancer?
- How can a person have cirrhosis of the liver if he is not a drinker or drug user?
- Can you get drug tested on your period?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can a man be tested for hpv?
- How often should children be tested for allergies?
- How can allergies be treated with natural herbal remedies instead of with drugs?
- How can a person get rid of allergy symptoms without having to take pills?
- Talk to a dermatologist online