Doctor insights on:
How Bleeding Time And Clotting Time Is Affected During Dic
Easy way to do: Before surgery you will have preop clearance they will check all these things, will not do surgery unless these number under control. ...Read more
Bleeding time is a medical test done on someone to assess their platelet function a blood pressure cuff is inflated around your upper arm. While the cuff is on your arm, the health care provider makes two small cuts on the lower arm. They are just deep enough to cause a tiny amount of bleeding. The health care provider records the time it takes for the ...Read more
Prolonged: Pt, aptt and thrombin time are prolonged in most patients. ...Read more
Bleeding & Clotting : The tests measure different aspects of your blood homeostatic system. The bleeding time measures the ability to form a platelet plug, which is usually fast. No clot has formed yet. The clotting times measure different "arms" of your clotting cascade - times to actually form a clot, and that takes longer than the primary platelet plug i referred to previously. ...Read more
B12 inj(500mcg) for a week, does it increase clotting time,bleeding time?does it affect prothrombin time & INR? what supplements needed on B12 therapy
Probably not: A good amount of bleeding is normal after delivery. Dic is a condition where blood clotting factors are used up (usually due to massive hemorrhage) resulting in an inability for blood to clot where it needs to. Most bleeding at the time of delivery stops because uterine muscle contracts over big blood vessels in the uterus, so dic usually is not an issue. ...Read more
Risk of bleeding: Bleeding time is no longer used as it is a poor predictor of bleeding risk, clotting time is too crude a test, prothrombin time tests the status of one branch of the coagulation pathway. Usually pt and PTT and platelet count are used as screening tests to assess risk of abnormal bleeding. ...Read more
This is a condition where the body's normal blood clotting and thinning mechanisms are disrupted and small blood clots form in the small vessels. These numerous clots cause consumption of the body's clotting factors and then bleeding occurs. Infection is the most common ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the bleeding time and clotting time of a person suffering from hellp?
- How safe is it to have breast reduction and a tummy tuck at the same time?
- What is the appropriate time and how to tell someone that you have condyloma?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I feel bloated and hungry at the same time is this normal
- What is causing my elbow and knee pain at the same time?
- What is the typical healing time for a compound fracture of the tibia and fibula?
- What time of the month is it best to have unprotected sex and not be pregnant?
- Talk to a critical care specialist online for free