Doctor insights on:
How Big Is An Ovarian Mioma
Been diagnosed with an ovarian tumour. Its 13x7cm big. What is the operation procedure like? Is there a possible fatality element?
Depends : Usually in someone your age an enlarged ovary is a large cyst or sometimes a dermoid tumor. These is not dangerous. But still they involve a surgery. There are various techniques to remove it. Always there is a small risk of something more serious like cancer. This makes getting the surgery more important. The risk of mortality with this kind of surgery usually is very low. Talk to your gyn. ...Read more
10 cm: As a general rule of thumb, less than 5 cm is usually normal, between 5 and 10 cm can possibly be observed, but greater than 10 cm should be removed. There are however and lot of other considerations that affect that decision. ...Read more
Medium-sized: It is larger than normal, physiologic cysts that develop every month and may be a cause of pain. That size, if simple cyst- should resolve spontaneously (there is a high chance it will go away on it's own, and not require surgery). ...Read more
Depends on the patie: Normal ovarian cysts get to 2cm for a good ovualtion. Patient usually doesnt have much pains with these. But you may have several cysts at once and that causes pain. Large cysts around 4 and above usually cause pains. Hope this helps. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Ovarian dermoid cyst how big
- How big is a large ovarian cyst?
- How big is a 9mm ovarian cyst?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How big can a cyst get on an ovarian?
- How big is a 2 8 cm ovarian cyst?
- How big is 5 cm ovarian cyst?
- How big is a 6 cm ovarian cyst?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free