Doctor insights on:
How Bad Is The Pain If You Get Amputation From The Knee Down
Post-op Pain: It is common to have post operative incisional pain which is worst immediately after surgery and subsides over several weeks. Pain medication helps to manage this. Phantom pain is perceived pain in the amputated limb. People at risk for this had a lot of pain in their limb prior to the amputation. This could last for months/years. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have AVN in my right femur, tibia, and both knees. I'm 28. Am I going to have to get my legs amputated at an older age?
Highly unlikely: The most important question is to find out why you have AVN in multiple joints. You will then need to find an orthopaedist that will be there for you for many, many years. ...Read more
Regular post op pain: Most patients have normal post op pain requiring narcotics for 5-7 days. Patients with ischemic pain or infection pain, are really much better as surgical pain is much easier to treat than ischemic pain. It may be good for u to talk to someone else who has undergone similar procedure so u know what to expect. Ur surgeon should b able to arrange this for u. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
As someone with knock knees, my right knee is in so much pain, I've had surgery before to try to correct my knees, which hasn't worked. I want to have my right leg amputated?
The knee is left...: A bk amputation allows saving the knee and usually some part of the tibia bone that goes down to the foot. This will also allow the prostheses to be less complex and more functional because the entire knee joint is not part of the prosthesis. Of course, if the pathology present in the leg requires an ak amputation, the surgeon will inform you; but it's always better to save the knee if possible. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do you get rid of neck pain from sleeping in the wrong position?
- How bad is it if you smoke a cigarette on the same day as using nicotine lozenge?
- How do i know if the pain is bad enough to need pain management?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to slim down the thighs when you have bad knees?
- How do you get rid of the fish smell from my penis?
- If you stick your finger down your throat what is the flap you feel
- Is it bad to shave the hairs off your belly if you are pregnant?
- Talk to a vascular surgeon online for free