Doctor insights on:
How Bad Is Osteomyelitis In A Teenager Do They Get Full Recovery Or Not
Serious: Osteomyelitis is a bacterial infection in the bone. This infection requires 4 to 6 weeks (or more) of intravenous antibiotics. In some cases, surgery is required for complete healing. In most cases, with early recognition and appropriate therapy, a complete recovery can be expected. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Osteomyelitis is an infection of the bone. Osteo is derived from the greek osteon..Inflammation or infection. A broad range of organisms can cause infection from bacteria, to viruses (less common), to fungi (mycotic). Acute and chronic infections exist. Long term IV treatment with antibiotics (or antifungals or other agents) are needed. In my experience no less than 8 weeks ...Read more
Yes: May get recurrent osteomyelitis in same location if not treated thoroughly.May get osteomyelitis at different site.Multifocal osteo. can occur simultaneously in multiple locations.MRSA osteomyelitis has tendency to be multifocal.CRMO, chronic recurrent multifocal osteomyeltis can affect 2 to 11 or more sites.Not necessarily at same time not caused by bacteria.Autoimmune process treated with NSAIDs ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Great question: In patients who have not had surgery and now possess osteomyelitis, the typical cause is the spread of bacteria through the bloodstream. Even brushing our teeth can push bacteria into our bloodstream. Sometimes those bacteria land on a particular tissue and start an infectious process. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
My 8 month old was diagnosed with osteomyelitis in both tibias and had to have surgery and no one could explain how it happened? How did he get it?
Very rear: Donor bone go through a lot of steps to be sure is sutable and safe for human use. ...Read more
Can you get osteomyelitis on the outside of a bone with no trauma to the bone itself with no infection through the blood?
Realized my electric toothbrush has had mold on it for past month. I kept it in a case which was bad idea. Has had pink stuff on it which I now know is mold. Got new brush now but could my exposure have caused osteomyelitis and cause bone loss I face?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do i know if a hostess is infected or not my wife wont have sex with me?
- How do you get a prescription for viagra or cialis which is better?
- How do i get my kid to learn a sport when i am not interested in sports?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why do you get a strange taste in your mouth when you have a cold or flu?
- I have a twitch in my thigh muscle for 3 days now how do i get rid of it
- How to make out weather a girl is virgin or not?
- How do i get rid of a bad cough and tight chest?
- Talk to a pediatrician online