Doctor insights on:
How Bad Is It To Stare At Your Computer Screen All Day Long
Examples are: colonoscopy for colon polyp or cancer; mammograms for breast lesions or cancer; psa a blood test that could indicate enlargement of cancerous prostate tissue; blood sugar or hemoglobin a!c for diabetes. Many think that scanning the whole body will pick up a cancer--in all likelihood, it will not. There also is no good blood test, yet, ...Read more
Don't overuse: Excessive staring at a computer screen will result in severe fatigue and blurring of vision. Shorten exposure times, use melanin filtered reading lenses, avoid over-bright screens should help. Keeping eyes rested and moisturized is helpful in reducing symptoms of severe eyestrain. ...Read more
Somehow: I don't think so. In fact staring at a computer screen would most likely result in a loss of social and intellectual power leading to a poorer life. Close the laptop, get out and meet people, do things, read books, travel...anything. A computer and the internet should be used as a tool to enhance life not control it. ...Read more
Is it possible that looking at a computer screen for too long every day, cause one eye to be constantly red?
Dry eyes!: Yes, concentration work such as on a computer can cause the eyes to dry and turn red. Start with artificial tears routinely (one drop 4 times a day every day), oral omega-3's, and warm compresses. Next, medicated drops (restasis, mild steroid drops, NSAID drops) or punctal occlusion may be helpful. ...Read more
No: Cataracts are the "greay hair" of the eyes. Everyone gets them as they age. Certain chemicals (steroids, chemotherapy) and exposure to high levels of ultraviolet radiation may speed up their development, but monitors and television sets do not emit significant enough amounts of energy to increase growth of catatracts. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does staring at a computer all day really damage your eyes?
- How to prevent back pain from working on a computer all day?
- How long after an eye exam should i wait to look at a computer screen?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- At a computer screen for so long can also cause cataracts
- What is the correct distance to keep your eyes from the computer screen?
- Does staring at a computer screen ruin your eyes or cause cancer?
- Dizziness all day long
- How to avoid backaches while using computer all day long?