Doctor insights on:
How Bad Is Astigmatism
Usually not: Astigmatism is a physical curvature aspect of the cornea and lens of the eye which in effect makes the eye oval. The term astigmatism is from physics and is not usually a bad thing. The correction is a reverse oval in the eyeglasses or contacts. Most astigmatism is small and easily corrected. Sometimes it is large or irregular and that make perfect vision difficult. See your ophthalmologist. ...Read more
Astigmatism: Not at all so long as you are seeing well and you are visually comfortable. ...Read more
Astigmatism: Astigmatism is one type of refractive error. Myopia (or nearsightedness), hyperopa (or farsightedness), and astigmatism all can cause refractive error. Refractive error is what causes a patient to require glasses or contact lenses to see better. Astigmatism is typically when the cornea is shaped more like a football than a basketball. Glasses, contact, and LASIK can fix this problem. ...Read more
Umm: How would we know from that question? ...Read more
Astigmatism: This is unusual but certainly is possible especially if the astigmatism is irregular in nature because of a problem with the cornea (window to the eye). If you are unable to be corrected with glasses, a visit with an ophthalmologist is valuable to determine if an medical condition exists that is causing your severe astigmatism. ...Read more
Yes: If you want to see well No if you don't mind being blurred. At age 44 you cannot damage your eyes by not wearing your prescription. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How bad is it to take advil or tylenol for a hangover?
- How bad is it to breathe in rubbing alcohol fumes?
- How vicodin is bad for you?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How unhealthy is pizza having pizza for lunch once a week is bad?
- How bad is it to take a laxative and vyvanse?
- How bad is stage 3 ovarian cancer?
- How bad is skoal xtra pouches for your health?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free