Doctor insights on:
How Bad Does A Broken Knee Cap Usually Hurt
See a doctor: First, if you have a "broken" or fractured knee cap, then you should be under the care of an orthopaedic surgeon and asking your doctor is the right thing to do. Having said that, rest, ice, and a knee immobilizer can be helpful. Also, over the counter medications such as tylenol, (acetaminophen) advil or aleve can all provide some pain relief. ...Read more
ORIF: O.R.I.F. Or open reduction and internal fixation is when an orthopedic surgeon identifies the fracture fragments (with open surgery), then places the pieces back in their anatomic positions (reduction) and then holds the pieces in place with various devices (screws, plates, wires) - - - (internal fixation). This is often the preferred treatment for displaced patella or kneecap fractures. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Too many variables-: -to give a specific answer. such as 2 pieces, transverse, comminuted & # of fragments, quality of bone, open or closed. high or low velocity injury. also many co-morbidities add to poor healing: diabetes, thyroid R a couple. obesity also. each presents one with the question hoe best to treat this, open, closed & cast, if open what 2 use, pins, wires, both, screws or all 3. each case is different. ...Read more
Subjective...: Its hard to grade the pain level of injuries especially between individuals. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does a broken knee cap look like?
- Broken knee cap symptoms
- How long does it usually take a broken hand to heal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I am having a knee arthroscopy how long does it usually take
- The top of my knee cap hurts
- How long does a broken ankle hurt?
- How long does a broken pinky toe hurt?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free