Doctor insights on:
How Are Vertebral Compression Fractures Typically Treated
Yes: 60% probably need some form of treatment. Simple options include rest and medication. Bracing does not seem to be of much benefit although it is often ordered. Physical therapy may help patients mobilize but can be challenging if severe pain. 30-40% of vcf's come to surgery which is usually immediately helpful. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
I have three compression fractures in my vertebrae due to osteo. Too old for surgery. Rib cage pain and feel like I am breaking into. I have brace.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How is an arm fracture typically treated?
- How is a hand fracture typically treated?
- T12 vertebral compression fracture
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- L2 vertebral compression fracture
- Causes of vertebral compression fractures
- Age of vertebral compression fractures
- T11 vertebral compression fracture
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free