Doctor insights on:
How Are Cytomegalovirus Infections Transmitted
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
Rarely: Cytomegalovirus (CMV) is a herpes family virus, which is often passed by direct contact. The most common form is infectious mononucleolsis which is caused by CMV infection -- and it is passed by direct physical contact. So, it depends what the type of disease you have and what their immune system is like. In general, nearly 80% of people have immunity to cmv, which means they have been exposed. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Diabetes and CMV: If your diabetes is well controlled, your immune system functions well, and you will be able to fight CMV effectively. However, if you have poorly controlled diabetes, you may be more susceptible to certain infections, such as cmv. Work with your primary doctor and/or endocrinologist to optimize your blood sugar control, and control of your blood pressure and cholesterol. Eat a healthy diet. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes & no: While the elderly can be vulnerable to any new viral infection most are immune from having it in childhood. The most vulnerable group are fetuses who get infected when their mothers get their primary infection during pregnancy. This can result in an infant who has major organ damage, brain damage & progressive hearing loss. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Nope: Immune-compromised patients are.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can i test for a vaginal infection at home are there any home remedies?
- How are the lungs protected from bacterial infection?
- How common are secondary bacterial infections or sepsis with a mono infection?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can i tell if my contact lenses are causing an eye infection?
- How many types of staph infections are there?
- How common are infections from ear piercings?
- How are warts transmitted?
- Talk to a pediatrician online