Doctor insights on:
How And Where Does The Process Of Fertilization Occur
Union of sperm/egg: Fertilization is union of the sperm and egg. At fertilization, many sperm bind to the covering of the egg, the zone pellucida. At the zona, sperm become hyperactive, whipping tails back and forth, and literally drill into the egg. Once one sperm enters the egg, the egg immediately closes access to any other sperm. Egg and sperm dna combine, and cell division begins. ...Read more
Here are some...: Fertilization takes place only the egg & one lucky sperm meet at right time & place, and under right environment; specifically speaking, ovulated egg sucks into Fallopian tube in waiting mode, and sperms-rich semen ejaculate in the depth of vagina, from where the sperms released from liquefied semen start to move and swim "upstream" into cervix, through uterine cavity, and into F-tube to fertilize ...Read more
Can a pregnancy test turn positive without the implantation process? In other words, can only fertilization occur for the test to turn positive?
No: Because the level of HCG risses secondary to endometrial changes following implantation to uterine lining. ...Read more
1. How long does it take for the fertilization process to complete?
2. How long does it take for implantation to complete?
Is it true that male sperm can not fertilize an egg unless it goes through a process called capacitation which takes about 10 hours to complete?
Its ok: I would focus on the encouraging sign that you had 16 fertilized eggs. Hopefully they will continue to develop ...Read more
Can sperm still fertilize an egg 24 hours after ovulation? If yes, will the sperm need another 12 hours for the capacitation process?
Yes they can: Fertilization can definitely take place 24 hours after ovulation. The capacitation usually takes place shortly after ejaculation and is facilitated by the uterine environment. It doesn't take 12 hours to occur. If you don't want to worry about an unwanted pregnancy or hiv/std, be more careful and don't have unprotected sex. ...Read more
How long is the total process of fertilization, implantation and enough hCG to be detected in urine pregnancy test?
10-14 days: Fertilization is quick, from 0-3 days. Add 5-7 days for the newly fertilized egg to wander it's way to a nice spot on the lining. Implantation starts and within 1-3 days, HCG will be detected in the urine. The result will be positive earlier if first morning urine is used. It will take longer if the test is done after a woman has been drinking a lot of fluids. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Where and how does gas affect the body
- How fertilization of an egg affects the process of menstruation?
- What are the early signs of pregnancy and how early do they occur?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does a ct scan of the abdomen and pelvis show?
- How to get rid of genital boils its where the crease of my panty line is?
- How does the respiratory system and the cardiovascular system work together?
- Why does the back of my head and neck hurt?
- What is the process of an endometrial biopsy and how does it feel?