Doctor insights on:
Monitoring: Hospitalization is necessary when one's condition is serious enough to warrant 24/7 monitoring of a particular health issue. This will depend on the seriousness of the problem, the ability or inability to care for this problem at home, and the probability of worsening of the condition. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Harm: The criteria for hospitalizing any mentally ill person, child or adult, is if they are in danger of harming themselves or someone else or if they are in need of treatment that requires the sort of close care and observation that can only occur in hospital. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
You have to be : Usually you have to be suicidal/homocidal or have problems caring for yourself to the point where you qualify for grave disability- if that happens, you are hospitalized. Professionals look for certain criteria and then decide to keep you. The decision is based on what is best for you and the long term. ...Read more
That depends: There are different protocols depending on the type of overdose. Some types of overdose may require activated charcoal. A nasogastric tube may be necessary. Sometimie emesis is induced. Inraveonous fluids are usually provided. ...Read more
No...: Mild atelectasis, especially without symptoms, can be treated as an outpatient. The most important treatment is deep breathing and an incentive spirometer can help with this. Ask your doctor for one if you don't have one. Good luck! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
See 1 more doctor answer
Blood: Need to see a doctor but unlikely need to stay in hospital...This is an office evaluation. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do you know when to be hospitalized when you have influenza type b?
- What is the likelihood of someone being hospitalized for a kidney infection?
- What is too low bmi risk hospitalized?
- Most common cause of sepsis in hospitalized patients
- How long are you typically hospitalized for kidney stones?
- Illnesses that require hospitalization
- How long are you hospitalized for having severe dehydration?
- How long are you hospitalized if you get dehydration?
- Talk to a hospitalist online for free