Doctor insights on:
Monitoring: Hospitalization is necessary when one's condition is serious enough to warrant 24/7 monitoring of a particular health issue. This will depend on the seriousness of the problem, the ability or inability to care for this problem at home, and the probability of worsening of the condition. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
You have to be : Usually you have to be suicidal/homocidal or have problems caring for yourself to the point where you qualify for grave disability- if that happens, you are hospitalized. Professionals look for certain criteria and then decide to keep you. The decision is based on what is best for you and the long term. ...Read more
Day programs: Patients still live at home, but attend daily programs that include individual and/or group therapy among others. ...Read more
Why do I experience near syncope so often? Like multiple times a day? What can I do to make this better, was already hospitalized once.
Please repost.: A cardinal rule of medicine is that treatment requires knowing the cause. You can't "make this better" without knowing the cause. Please repost & include the "workup" so far: What tests & studies have been done & what do your doctors think? ...Read more
Yes.: Sociopaths can and often have other conditions like bipolarity that may lead to 'breakdowns'. The will get depressed often after being 'caught' or exposed for their misdeeds. Depressions are often short-lived and not deeply felt or experienced given the nature of their sociopathy. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
When your doc says: When to be hospitalized is a decision that only your doctor can make based on not only your symptoms but also your overall history and health. In this case, the reasons for hospitalization would likely revolve around supporting your respiratory function. Don't try to be your own doctor. If you're having problems, go see your doc right away. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do you know when to be hospitalized when you have influenza type b?
- What is the likelihood of someone being hospitalized for a kidney infection?
- What is too low bmi risk hospitalized?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long are you typically hospitalized for kidney stones?
- Illnesses that require hospitalization
- How long are you hospitalized for having severe dehydration?
- How long are you hospitalized if you get dehydration?
- Talk to a hospitalist online for free