Doctor insights on:
My dog tested positive for hookworms. I was wondering if i could have gotten them and what would be the signs and symptoms of hookworms in humans?
Possible, but not...: It's possible to get hookworms from a pet, but hookworm infections are not that common here compared to in developing countries. Tests are done on a person's stool. There are no specific symptoms of hookworm infection. They can cause intestinal inflammation and progressive iron-deficiency anemia. Larval invasion through the skin may cause very itchy sites that look like bug bites. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Intestines: They do not.Get a more detailed answer ›
Yup: But more icky than serious!Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to get rid of hookworms in people?
- What are the causes of pinworms hookworms roundworms?
- Hookworms in human stool
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Hookworm tapeworm
- Hookworm infestation
- Hookworm intestinal parasites
- Hookworm under skin
- Herbal home remedy for hookworms in a human