Doctor insights on:
Honey Treat Leg Ulcer
See below: If there is infection, then antibiotics will be needed. Depending on cause of ulcer, treatments are different. Many leg ulcers are due to venous issues and may require compression and intervention on the improperly working vein. Special dressings such as a boot of unna may help heal a leg ulcer. Foot ulcers my be due to poor arterial circulation and wont heal until circulation is improved. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: No. Factors which determine if you will lose your leg are, 1) how good / bad the circulation is, or 2) whether you have a deep wound infection which will not clear with just antibiotics alone. Showering and keeping wounds clean does help prevent infections. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes: Sometimes there is an isolated incompetent venous perforator vein under an ulcer. It may have been there for years and in retrospect the patient may remember pain in the area after exercise. When the skin above it can no longer compensate for the increased pressure, an ulcer can form. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Infections: The outcomes for an untreated ulcer can be severe. You can develop a local infection. This can spread to the bone as well as into the blood which can cause you to become septic with high fevers and illness which can be life threatening. Also the cause is important. If it is due to PAD this can result in an amputation. It is very important to see your physician as soon as possible. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can liquid honey be used to treat skin ulcers on the leg?
- Is manuka honey commonly used to treat leg ulcer?
- Ulcer leg kind doctor treat
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Manuka honey for leg ulcers
- How to treat a leg ulcer?
- How to treat an ulcer on the leg?
- How can i treat swelling in leg and ankle following knee replacement?
- Talk to a vascular surgeon online for free