Doctor insights on:
Homogeneous Echotexture Of Thyroid
Irregularity: It means your thyroid gland is not uniform like a normal gland should be. There may be some irregularity that the ultrasound is showing...Perhaps some small cysts.....It is nothing serious but it should be rechecked with a repea ultrasound test perhaps after an interval of one year. ...Read more
It means: that the appearance of the thyroid tissue on US is not uniform, it is heterogeneous(vs. homogeneous). This is a very non specific sign that could indicate a generalized thyroid process/abnormality(vs. a focal mass). This could include thyroiditis, autoimmune disorders, the effects of certain meds, hypo or hyper thyroidism, or other etiologies. Talk to your doc about the results. ...Read more
Could be: It is difficult to reliably sonographically differentiate hashimoto thyroiditis from other thyroid pathology. Ultrasound features can be variable depending of the severity and phase of disease. A diffusely enlarged thyroid gland with a heterogeneous echotexture is a common sonographic presentation. ...Read more
What is a small thyroid gland and of diffusely heterogeneous echotexture with a multiobulated contour?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Homogeneous thyroid gland
- Heterogeneous echotexture thyroid nodule
- Heterogeneous echotexture thyroid gland
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Thyroid is diffusely heterogeneous in echotexture
- What is a heterogeneous echotexture of the thyroid?
- Homogeneous uptake in left thyroid lobe
- Heterogeneous echotexture
- Homogeneous echotexture bilaterally found in thyroid ultrasound