Doctor insights on:
Homeostasis And The Respiratory System
WebMD: See webmd for a thorough discussion. Not enough room in this forum. ...Read more
Hows does the cardiovascular system and the respiratory system work together to maintain homeostasis?
Beautifully: Your body uses oxygen for fuel and produces carbon dioxide as waste. These gases circulate in the blood, which is pumped by the heart to the lungs (and the rest of the body). In the lungs, oxygen you breathe in enters the blood, while carbon dioxide leaves the blood and enters the air you breathe out. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Get oxygen to blood: Respiration is the process of bringing oxygen into the lungs and exhaling carbon dioxide out of them. Once inside the lungs, the oxygen crosses cell membranes to get into the blood stream. The blood circulates the oxygen to the rest of the body including the brain which cannot function without it. Carbon dioxide is the waste product of well functioning cells and is also carried back by the blood. ...Read more
Upper respiratory: structures include the sinuses, nasal passages, throat, pharynx, tonsils and vocal cords. Other than allowing passage of Oxygenated air, it is rich in mucus glands to protect the airway from viruses and microbes, It is also rich in immunologic cells to combat microbes. ...Read more
Falling on chest?: Seriously, propane or other combustion in an enclosed space can cause carbon monoxide buildup and death. Electric is thought to dry the air ; annoy nasal passages/upper airways. Practically speaking, all are ok as long as used properly, may consider moisturizing air if dry ; be sure ventilated if small / tight space. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does the respiratory system have to do with homeostasis?
- What does homeostasis do in the respiratory system?
- How can a malfunction in the respiratory system effect homeostasis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Cardiovascular system homeostasis
- Homeostasis skeletal system exercise
- Lymphatic system homeostasis
- Digestive system and homeostasis
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free