Doctor insights on:
Homeopathic Cures For Bacterial Vaginosis
Boric Acid?: I would recommend the standard treatment of oral or vaginal flagyl. Intravaginal boric acid 600 mg at bed time provides symptomatic relief. The frequency can be gradually decreased to once or twice a week. You could try a probiotic preparation such as vsl #3 with 110 billion colonies of probiotic bacteria per capsule, but this therapy is unproven. ...Read more
I have bacterial vaginosis and want to insert garlic to cure it. How long do I have to insert it to cure the bv? Please help
It won't work: Garlic won't help BV. You need proper antibiotic treatment, usually with metronidazole. See a doctor to confirm diagnosis and get a prescription. Also, BV often occurs because of other STDs, especially at your age (21); you need testing for gonorrhea, chlamydia, and trichomonas. ...Read more
Limit sugar: Additionally vulvar care is very important. No douching, no introduction of soaps or other cleaning agents between the labia. If you have heavy or long menses taking ocp's to shorten them or getting an ablation may help. Avoid tampons, use only presservative free cotton pads, and use cotton underwear exclusively. You may have to try several different probiotics before the right one for you. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Homeopathic remedy bacterial vaginosis
- Homeopathic treatment for bacterial vaginosis
- Cure bacterial vaginosis naturally
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Pregnant bacterial vaginosis cure yogurt
- Does zithromax and ciprofloxacin cure bacterial vaginosis?
- Does mycolog ii cream cure yeast infections or bacterial vaginosis?
- Is history of bacterial vaginosis a symptom of bacterial vaginosis?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free