Doctor insights on:
Homemade Soap Molds
In my shower, under the soap holder, found lots of black stuff. kinda white and little fuzzy. is it black mold or soap scum. will poison my lungs
Just scrub it down: No worries. If a person uses a shower, and sees mold or mildew, he should get some cleaning solution (made with a bit of bleach and water, or bought from the store already made) and scrub the shower stall down once a week. If for some reason the person is physically unable to scrub a shower, he can use a milder solution (also sold in stores) and just spray the mold or mildew areas twice a weekly. ...Read more
I have chicken skin and can't get the meds for it. Is their a way for me too do some things homemade ? And what's the best soap to use, i like dove.
Cetaphil: Cetaphil soap and cream are gentle products one can use for skin eruptions. ...Read more
My boyfriend has really sensitive skin and breaks out really bad with acne all over his body, what soap, lotion can help and clear it up?
Depends: You should try to eliminate what he is "sensitive" to in his environment first. He may be sensitive to laundry detergents, colognes, animal dander, pollens, mold, or even foods. Try changing all soap products to hypoallergenic like neutrogena products for example or ivory snow / dreft laundry detergent and see if this helps. Try acne products, Cortaid and have your boyfriend keep skin clean also. ...Read more
My electric tooth brush has dry tooth paste all over it. Is it safe to wash it in the sink with soap and warm water?
I eat soap and wanted to know what risks im taking I love the taste and I've been doing it 4 a long time now?
Depends on amount: Soap is not designed to be eaten but does dissolve in wet locations, so likely will cause bodily damage, depending on the amount eaten per day, the duration of the habit, and the type of chemicals in the soap. The eating of non-food items is not "normal", so should be evaluated by a primary care doctor. Referral to a psychologist or psychiatrist may help, if one is unable to stop eating objects. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Facial soap: Ideally then, facial skin should not come in contact with soap or hot water so that the natural ph level of the skin, which is slightly acidic at 4 to 4.5, is not disturbed. Leaving the acidity of the skin intact protects it not only from dryness, but also from blemishes and irritations that might come from invading bacteria. The skin has its own protective shield, regular soap can cause damage. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Homemade soap without lye
- Make homemade acne soap
- Homemade oatmeal soap
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Flexible soap molds
- Homemade hand sanitizer with tree oil vitamin e and castile soap
- Making homemade soap
- Natural homemade lotions soaps
- How to use glycolic acid in homemade soap?