Doctor insights on:
Hiv Duo Test At 3 Weeks Accurate
What's the accuracy of HIV test in 2 weeks after unsafe sex? And aslo 4 weeks after unsafe sex? Cause I'm so much worry can't wait for three months.
Wait: An early test might show hiv, but you really can't know for sure until 3-6 months unfortunately. Get tested now but also get the 3 and 6 month tests. If you think this was a high risk exposure you should also be tested for other stds as well as hepatitis b ; c which can be transmitted sexually. ...Read more
Hiv infection is caused by a retrovirus....This retrovirus binds to CD4 cells (for the most part). You may detect the virus by several different methods. An elisa test (enzyme linked immunosorbent assay). You may also detect it by doing a test referred to as a western blot (a gel protein electrophoresis). Thirdly by pcr (polymerase chain reaction) which ...Read more
Is HIV ELISA test accurate after three months? Do I need retest if it is negative after three months? I cant wait more. Suggest me a quick test plz
Can you tell me about HIV aids blood test two or three years just one time after infection the result can be true or false. Please help how shoul I do for accurate?
Three days shy of three months when taking STD test that included HIV how accurate is it and should I be retested any help is greatly appreciated?
Results conclusive: The modern, routine HIV tests are conclusive by 4 wk (for the 4th generation, antigen-antibody tests) or 6-8 weeks (for the antibody tests). Three months is old news, left over from older tests no longer in routine use. So your test just short of 3 months will be conclusive. Any other STD blood tests also will be conclusive. No further testing will be necessary. ...Read more
Nearly 100% accurate: Kindly check out this link. Take care and God bless you! Http://i-base. Info/guides/testing/test-accuracy-results-and-further-testing ...Read more
You're good: Be thankful for good health, and love safely from now on out of consideration for yourself and others, as a gentleman. You were wise to check. Get a follow-up from time to time, but the overwhelming odds are that you are not infected. Nobody even knows the false-negative rate for this because it's so low. ...Read more
I have tested negative for HIV after 9 weeks of possible exposure on HIV duo test is it accurate or need other testing?
HIV testing: You need another test. It was done too soon to be 100% accurate. ...Read more
Are my hiv negative results conclusive? Tested 7 weeks post exposure with alere duo test and then 3 more alere duo tests at 11 months. 100% accurate?
Conclusive: Your negative results are conclusive. Stop testing -- it's a waste of money and emotional energy. ...Read more
About 95%: The specificity of a negative DUO HIV test is 100% after 12 weeks of possible exposure. After 10 weeks, a negative DUO HIV test test indicates that there a 95% chance that the person is HIV negative. However, a small percentage of people exposed (5%) will have antibodies form up to 12 weeks after exposure. ...Read more
Around 50%: Roughly half of newly infected people would have a positive duo test at 10 days. If at truly high risk, like unprotected sex with a known infected partner, ask about an RNA test for the virus. However, heterosexually acquired HIV remains quite rare in the UK. If at lower risk, have another duo test at 28 days, which will be conclusive. Or get expert advice at an NHS GUM clinic. Good luck! ...Read more
Nucleic acid test:
Negative duo test at 10 weeks is good but not fool proof. It would be better to get a HIV nucleic acid test.
If you do not wish to be pregnant, use contraception all the time, every time. You may consider implanted contraceptive, or IUD.
Practice safe sex.
Get HPV vaccine. ...Read more
A WHO evaluation of five tests found that each had a sensitivity of 100%.2
A French evaluation of twelve tests found that nine had a sensitivity of 100%. Two tests did fail to identify a single HIV-positive sample (of 669 tested), and were judged to have a sensitivity of 99.8%. These tests were the Vidas Duo and Enzygnost HIV Integral. The samples missed were of subtypes F and C.3 ...Read more
How reliable (percentage of accuracy) of 4rd generation hiv test (duo test) at 14.5 day after exposure? Thank you very much
It is accurate if positive. However, two weeks is too soon to rule out infection. At six months after exposure, get a HIV nucleic acid test, if that is negative, it would be definitive indication of being HIV free.
For good health - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Drink enough water daily, so that your urine is mostly colorless. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form.
Practice safe sex. ...Read more
HIV: There is a chance that some individuals will take longer to develop detectable antibodies than the usual 2-8 weeks, therefore, if the initial negative HIV test was conducted within the first 3 months after possible exposure, repeat testing should be considered >3 months after the exposure occurred. ...Read more
How accurate is a neg. 4th gen DUO HIV test at 10 weeks? Why? Will my result change at 12 weeks provided there was no risk in the meantime? Anxious
You're good: The false-negative rate for these fourth-generate antigen-and-antibody tests is so low that nobody knows it. Consider yourself healthy, love more carefully from now on... and cherish having shared love ten weeks ago, however imperfect human love always is. ...Read more
Risk in 29 june.20days went for 4th gen duo hiv test. (Neg).I got a brief 10s bj and protect sex. Got a abrasion near shaft. Worry me, test accurate?
In six months, get a HIV nucleic acid test, if that is negative, you would not have HIV.
For good health - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form.
Practice safe sex. ...Read more
I do unprotected vaginal sex 4 months ago... I do hiv duo test at 28 days and antibody test at 3 months which is also negative? What is accuracy?
Depends: Most likely negative but suggest repeat in 3 months to increase the accuracy to near 100 percent ...Read more
My bro. Made duo test for HIV (p24 and elisa) after 3 weeks of relation. What is the accuracy of this test? Is it conclusive?
Hiv: Hiv-elisa could sometimes come false positive. Therefore, 'western blot' test and hiv-pcr needed to confirm the disease. ...Read more
I'm gonna finish a 28days PEP after frottage with HIV unknown status person. Can I take duo (antibody/antigen) test 4 weeks after PEP? Is it accurate?
On 10 day 5 mg predisone 36 pills wanted to know can I go do my 4th gen duo hiv test on these meds or do I need to wait for accurate results I'm on my fifth day of prednisone?
After I kissed a girl by 78 days I tested for HIV duo test and it was negative how accurate is test I keep having infalmed tonsils why is that?
After french kissing by 78 days tested duo test for HIV and came back negative but now I have enlarged lymph nodes is the test accurate? Sign of hiv?
Misinformed?: No on win the world has ever caught HIV from kissing. Even from 'french kissing'. There is zero risk in this scenario. You do not need an HIV test to tell you that you are HIV negative. You did not get exposed to HIV. But you have tested and now the test verifies that you are not HIV Positive. Go live you life. You do not have HIV infection. ...Read more
Is a PCR RNA test for HIV the same as a nucleic acid test? A doctor has told me this is no more accurate than a DUO test after 28 days post exposure..
HIV: Antibody testing is accurate if you have formed antibodies by that time. There are some people who have a delay in antibody response and therefore testing at 3 months is recommended and some doctors will repeat this at 6 months. If you want immediate reassurance you can get a PCR for HIV RNA. Good luck. ...Read more
HIV antibody: We screen for HIV exposure with an antibody test. It can take 3- 6 months to turn positive, so serial testing is important. We do not routinely test HIV RNA (viral load) since it can show low level false positive results, but if someone presents with a prolonged flu-like syndrome we may check the viral load to help diagnose acute hiv. ...Read more
Get confirmation: Rapid tests are great for getting people screened and tested. If its positive, most protocols call for more confirmatory blood tests. ...Read more
Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) is a lentivirus (a member of the retrovirus family) that causes acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (aids),  a condition in humans in which progressive failure of the immune system allows life-threatening opportunistic infections ...Read more