Doctor insights on:
Hiv 2 Ab W Reflex To Immunoblot
Is 4th generation ag/ab conclusive for BOTH hiv-1 & hiv-2 after 6 months (& multiple tests before this) of unprotected sex? Is further testing needed?
Hiv infection is caused by a retrovirus....This retrovirus binds to CD4 cells (for the most part). You may detect the virus by several different methods. An elisa test (enzyme linked immunosorbent assay). You may also detect it by doing a test referred to as a western blot (a gel protein electrophoresis). Thirdly by pcr (polymerase chain reaction) which ...Read more
Will a 4th gen hiv test detect hiv-2 antigens? I had some exposures with an african man. Last test at 18 week ag/ab.When will hiv 2 be conclusive ?
Hi I had HIV-1 rna pcr @ 5 wks & 5 mths & HIV ag/ab DUO at 1, 2, 4 & 6 mths. Do I need further testing for HIV-2 or am I safe? I'm in metro Detroit.
Hi, had HIV-1 rna pcr @ 5 weeks & 5 months. and HIV ag/ab DUO at 1, 2, 4 & 6 months. Do I need further testing for HIV or do I need HIV-2 pcr or did the DUO rule it out?, or is it too rare to worry about in MI? I leave in Novi, MI. thank you
Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) is a lentivirus (a member of the retrovirus family) that causes acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (aids),  a condition in humans in which progressive failure of the immune system allows life-threatening opportunistic infections ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Hiv 2 antibody immunoblot
- Confidential hiv 1 2 ab w reflexes
- Cardiolipin ab screen w reflex
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Hiv 1 hiv 2 western blot immunoblot
- Purkinje cell yo ab scr w reflex
- Neuronal nuclear anti hu ab w reflex
- Leptospira ab scn w reflex to titer
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online