Doctor insights on:
History Of Pancreatitis Acute
Pt with history of acute pancreatitis and gall stones, presents with disorientation ammonia levels 800 n rising.Liver profile normal, no ph, suggest cz?
Not enough info: Have the gallstone & past pancreatitis issues been treated with gallbladder surgery? What radiology tests gave been done? Is there bile duct blockage? Sounds more like liver failure or other serious liver dysfunction. Your doctor should know better who has all the test results. See a gasteoenterologist for an opinion if needed. ...Read more
History:acute pancreatitis. 24hrs feeling unwell, nausea&vomiting but mild upper abd.pain. Can AP present this way? Need ER or wait til Monday for GI?
Had 1 episode of idiopathic mild acute pancreatitis at age 29. No family history of pancreatitis. Chance of hereditary pancreatitis high?
Does constant back/side/upper abdomenal pain and a history of 5+ bouts of acute pancreatitis indicate I have chronic pancreatitis?
It heals in few days: Acute pancreatitis is a serious illness causing much pain, nausea and vomiting. Patients require hospitalization to control pain, receive IV fluids and are kept npo. Sometimes it can be complicated by pancreatic necrosis and pseudocyst formation which may need surgery for correction. It resolves in 7-10 days in most case, unless it is complicated by the problems I have listed. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Idiopathic acute pancreatitis
- Acute pancreatitis dietary management
- Severe acute pancreatitis prognosis
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Acute pancreatitis pancreatic cancer
- Mild acute pancreatitis treatment
- Acute pancreatitis surgery
- Acute pancreatitis symptoms and treatment
- Talk to a hepatologist online for free