Doctor insights on:
Lower body strength: Going up and down hills is a terrific way to build up the major muscle groups in the legs and buttocks. It is also a fine cardiovascular exercise. Athletes commonly are asked to run up and down the stairs in stadiums to provide this extra boost rather than just running on the flat. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I found out running hills is a good workout for the legs, does it also work out the butt, what do you recommend?
Yes: Hill running is great for gluteus strength. Try stairs like an apartment building or skyscraper. Run up, elevator down. ...Read more
Hurt my ankle running up hill two years ago and it's still hurt what do I do can surgery or a shot help me
One step at a time : Ankle ligaments heal slowly. A two-year lingering pain is a chronic issue. See your local area podiatrists consider cotisone injection, x-rays physical therapy including heat versus ice. Other types of physical therapy as well. Without improvement then pursue an mri. An exam is necessary, if the site is swollen and painful consider MRI right away. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Running up hills vs flat time
- Calories burned while running hills
- Does running hills flatten your stomach?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Sensation of water running down leg
- Running a fever while on antibiotics
- Warm sensation running down leg
- Sore ribs after running
- Is running hills bad for your knees?