Doctor insights on:
High White Blood Cell Count When Pregnant
My white blood cell count was 6.25... Is this normal or low? Is it okay to take prednisone for poison ivy with this WBC count?
When your due date arrives, you will be more than ready to have your baby! Most women deliver the baby somewhere between 37 and 42 weeks. According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, only 5% of babies arrive on the exact due date. Approximately 7% of babies are not delivered by 42 weeks, and when that happens, it is referred to ...Read more
Not necessarily: Many conditions such as infection, inflammatory process, infarction can increase white blood cells count. This is a normal body response. However, if white blood cell counts persistently elevated in the absence of infection/inflammation &/or if it is associated with abnormality on the other blood counts-red blood and platelets -further evaluations including bone marrow biopsy is likely needed. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Need a workup: I am glad you are taking a proactive approach to your health. This can be many things and your physician has a duty to explain. ...Read more
Newborns only drink: New borns are only expected to drink milk , eating starts at the age of 4-5 months when table foods are introduced. If they are not eating well and have very high white count they should be checked for chest / throat / ear / urine infections. Not being able to eat ./ drink / being fussy / not being active as normal are all signs of infection. ...Read more
What does it mean to have high red blood cell count and high white blood cell count at the same time?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- High white blood cell count in pregnant women
- What happens when white blood cell count is high?
- High white blood cell count in blood
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- High white blood cell count
- When you are pregnant is your white blood count high
- High white blood cells count in stool
- Drugs that cause high white blood cell count
- Talk to a hematologist online for free