Doctor insights on:
High Prolactin Levels
Many possibilities: A very high prolactin could be from a pituitary adenoma, which is usually treated with medications. Often there are minor elevations in prolactin, and this can be from many other causes. Certain medications, nipple stimulation (eg jogging), hypothyroidism, postpartum. Why was it measured? Infertility, irreg menses (women) or low libido (men)? Your endocrinologist can help you with this. ...Read more
Hello, how to reduce prolactin level faster. I have high prolactin level.after medication ut becomes normal.after 5 to 6 month it becomes high again?
Take it longer: Hi. I would take the dopaminergic medicine (suspect either bromocriptine or cabergoline) for at least 2 years after getting the prolactin normalized before you try weaning off it. Some people have to take the medicine chronically, but that's safe to do and effective. Good luck! ...Read more
Many things: There are over 40 reasons - ask your doctor why it was drawn and what the next step in the differential is. ...Read more
What are symptoms of high prolactin levels? Is it dangerous if a women have high prolactin levels?
What are symptoms of high prolactin levels? Is it dangerous if a women have high prolactin levels?What causes high prolactin levels?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- High prolactin levels and depo-provera
- High prolactin levels and lyme disease
- Does tramadol cause high levels of prolactin?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- High prolactin
- Take birth control will that help lower high prolactin level
- Can pituitary cancer and high prolactin levels cause breast cancer?
- Will you lose weight after treatment for high prolactin levels
- Causes high prolactin level