Doctor insights on:
High Platlet Count
Unlikely: See hematologist.Get a more detailed answer ›
Platelet count is also known as Platelets. Less than 140 thousand, is low clinical concerns until it falls below 50 thousand include high risk of bleeding. Plt count over 440 thousand is high and can be associated with increased risk of both clotting and bleeding when it ...Read more
I had CBC blood count test done says I was high 385 the range was 155--379 x10e3/ul platlet count why do some labs diffa and is 385 in gd range?
Could be reactive: Many secondary cause including infection or underlying inflammatory conditions. Also bleeding, iron deficiency or people whose spleens have been removed. Sometimes, more associated with older populations conditions associated with primary bone marrow disorders called myleoproliferative disease can be associated with increase platelets. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
High platelet count: There are many causes for a high platelet count. Many times it is reactive--in response to another medical issue like an infection or having no spleen but there are many other causes. It can also be a problem with the bone marrow function. The cause should be evaluated by a physician. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does a high absolute neutrophil count mean?
- High neutrophil count and low lymphocyte count
- What does a high red and white blood cell count mean?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does a high eosinophil count mean?
- High white blood cell count low platelets
- Low hemoglobin high platelet count
- What does a high granulocyte count mean?
- Talk to a hematologist online for free