Doctor insights on:
High Neutrophils And Thyroid
What does it mean to have a high monocytes and low neutrophils absolute count while I am taking Nexavar, a chemotherapy for advanced thyroid cancer?
Effect of chemo: Low neutrophils are expected with chemotherapy agents, as the drugs destroy them (in the process of destroying the cancerous cells.) High monocyte count can be due to an infection or inflammation. Also, as the blood counts recover after a dose of chemo, the monocyte count can also be temporarily improved. Good luck with your cancer treatment. ...Read more
Hi, i'm a 62 year old female with thyroid issues and pernicious anemia. Recent blood tests came back as low neutrophils (1400) and high lymphocyte 55%?
Had full bloods done. Liver & thyroid fine. Everything was perfect apart from slightly low neutrophils. Should i be worried?
Probably not: 5% of people are out of the normal range on any lab test, so if you have 20 tests the average person has one thing out of range! slightly low neutrophils are seldom significant. This is a test that can change day to day so on another day it might be fine. But lab tests don't give a complete picture; some with thyroid or liver problems have "normal tests." perfect tests don't mean perfect health! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I29 yr old female/ ehlers danlos 3. thyroid removed due to hoshimotos. Neutrophils 16827 monocytes 1704 eosinophils 0. Concerning?
Ehlers Danlos: At age 129 I would not be concerned. Ask you team if neutrophils of 16,827 is high for someone your age? Most will have one of zero as they are dead. ...Read more
Hav low body temperature week+ 35c to 36c. Night sweats 6 mos+. Thyroid tests in range. All cbc fine except wbc and neutrophil ⬆seen dr. Leukemia?or?
Unclear question: What is a "bac reading"? It may help if you spell out your concern. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean if i have high neutrophil and low lymphocyte and monocytes?
- High neutrophils and low lymphocytes
- High neutrophil count and low lymphocyte count
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Causes of high lymphocytes and low neutrophils
- High white blood cell count and thyroid disorder
- High levels vitamin b12 and thyroid
- Can thyroid cause dizziness and high blood pressure?
- Talk to a pathologist online for free