Doctor insights on:
High Ketones In Urine
Urine test doc called saying high amounts ketones in urine I have been exhausted and peeing a lot also thirsty and dizzy, 19 yrs could be diabetic?
Urine is the product of the kidneys, which is produced to eliminate the waste products of metabolism, manage body fluid balance, &maintain acid-base balance. The blood is first filtered by the kidneys, and the composition of the resulting fluid is then altered depending on the body's needs. It is composed of mostly water, and breakdown products from blood cells impart ...Read more
My gp said I have a high trace of ketones in my urine due to prolonged starvation from use of laxatives. How can this be treated?
Im wondering what would be the cause if yellowish tint to eyes ketones in urine weakness very weak pulse fatigue and high blood sugars may be?
Ketones in urine high. History of UTI symp/ test always -. Pain- pressure in pelvic region. Pelvic ultra sound normal. 8 lb weight loss- underweight ?
Starvation: Ketones are normally the end result of fat metabolism in an enviroment where carbohydrates are either missing or due to lack of insulin, unavailable . Common situations are diabetic ketosis and starvation. Alternatively ingestion of some poisonous alcohols (i.e. Isopropyl) will result in ketonuria. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Causes of high ketones in urine
- High ketone levels in urine
- High ketones in urine and increased wbc count
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- High white blood cell count in urine
- High ascorbic acid in urine
- Ketones and bilirubin in urine
- High leukocytes in urine but no nitrates
- Talk to a diabetes specialist online for free