Doctor insights on:
High Ig E Levels Cancer
Consider allergy: There are five types of antibodies in the blood. The other word for antibody is immunoglobulin, or ig. The five types of antibody are g (keeps you immune), a (protects your surfaces such as nose and gut from infection), m (kills currently active infections), d (unknown function), and e (worm infections and allergies. So the e type is ige and when it is up think of allergies or worms. ...Read more
Genetics: The tendency to make more ige in response to foreign substances that enter the body (aka allergens) is inherited. Allergies and parastic infections are the common reasons why people develop high ige levels. There are some rare disorders associated with increased risk of infections associated with very high levels of ige. A board-certified allergist can help sort this out for you. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My sons IgE level has been high for 3 years the highest it's been was 30, 000 which they found toxocara but its still 3, 100 is that a concern.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can a high ige level in the blood be an indicator that i have cancer?
- Is high ige level related to cancer?
- What infections cause high ige levels?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Do high prolactin levels lead to breast cancer?
- High bilirubin levels suggest liver cancer
- What could cause high ige levels?
- Can pituitary cancer and high prolactin levels cause breast cancer?
- Talk to a oncologist online for free