Top
10
Doctor insights on: Heterogeneous Thyroid Nodule In Lower Pole

Share
1

1
Is it poss. Cancer? Us results thyroid nodule: solid, heterogeneous & isoechoic nodule w/in the mid to lower right lobe, 4.2cm, increas. Vascularity

Is it poss. Cancer? Us results thyroid nodule:  solid, heterogeneous &  isoechoic nodule w/in the mid to lower right lobe, 4.2cm, increas. Vascularity

Yes it's possible : Any thyroid nodule over 4 cm needs to be removed surgically to make sure not cancerous per ata guidelines. I would still get a fna first before going to surgery but needs to be removed. More info on my website on thyroid nodules at www.Cvsurgicalgroup.Com. ...Read more

See 1 more doctor answer

Nodule (Definition)

Any growth or deposit in the body or on its surface may be casually termed a nodule until its character is determined by the familiarity of the physician with it or by the results of a biopsy if it is not so obvious. The term is casual ...Read more


2

2
Hi, I recently found out I have 'multiple' thyroid nodules, it reads very heterogeneous w/prominent internal flow two of them measuring 1cm.

Multinodular goiter: This is fairly common and usually is quite benign. The imaging specialist can advise as to whether and need to be needled fr duagnosis. ...Read more

3

3
What does heterogeneous mean when it comes to a thyroid nodule?

What does heterogeneous mean when it comes to a thyroid nodule?

It means irregular: Heterogeneous is the opposite of homogenous. Any thyroid nodule which is irregular and over 1cm in size needs to be investigated further. This may need a biopsy especially if it is growing or has increased in size over a period of 3 months. You should have your doctor guide you or send you to an endocrinologist. For a second opinion and further advice. ...Read more

4

4
Is a heterogeneous thyroid nodule cancerous?

Is a heterogeneous thyroid nodule cancerous?

Possibly: Each thyroid nodule has an approx. 5% chance of malignancy, thus a heterogenous could be cancerous. Looking at it the other way, a heterogenous nodule has a 95% chance of not being cancerous. ...Read more

See 2 more doctor answers
5

5
What are ill-defined thyroid nodules with diffuse heterogeneous echotexture?

Usually description: of possible nodules in a gland with inflammation=thyroiditis needs follow up ultrasound 1 year and check and follow-up of thyroid function tests 1-2 x /year ...Read more

6

6
Are heterogeneous complex thyroid nodules degenerating adenomas and have to be removed if peripherally vascular?

Depends : Increased vasularuzation of thyroid nodule rises suspension fior malignanccy . In this case fine needle aspiration of thyroid nodule is needed to rule malignantncy. Otherwise nodules with this appearance on thyroid ultrasound are generally benign . ...Read more

7

7
What percentage of heterogeneous, complex peripherally vascular thyroid nodules are cancer?

It depends: Thyroid nodules are mostly ( 80-90%) benign . But it depends on their size and rate of change(growth in their size). A repeat Ultrasound study of your Thyroid should be done(I am sure your doctor must have advised you to do so)) in 6 to 12 months time to reassess for any growth in the nodules in your Thyroid. ...Read more

8

8
I have a tyroid nodule, 1.6 x .9 x 3 cm. heterogeneously attenuating predominantly cystic right thyroid nodule. What's it mean and could it be cancer?

I have a tyroid nodule, 1.6 x .9 x 3 cm. heterogeneously attenuating predominantly cystic right thyroid nodule. What's it mean and could it be cancer?

Thyroid: Its highly unlikely to be cancer. The odds favor this being a thyroglossal duct cyst. Pts often present at you age. You don't say where exactly your mass is. TDC is usually near midline. Another possibility is a branchial cleft cyst which is also a congenital problem. Your docs may want to do a CT guided fine needle biopsy. Hang in there. I think you will be fine. ...Read more

See 1 more doctor answer
9

9
Does a homogeneous or heterogeneous solid thyroid nodule have more cancer risk? I see lots of info on heterogeneous but not on homogeneous.

Does a homogeneous or heterogeneous solid thyroid nodule have more cancer risk?  I see lots of info on heterogeneous but not on homogeneous.

Depend solid or cyst: Thyroid nodule either solis or cystic and that could be done by ultrasound next it has to be classified as cold or hot or warm and that could be done by thyroid scan if it is solid and cold have higher tendency to be malignant oat of thyroid nodules are benign if it is of some concern the doctor will perform fine needle aspiration to exclude malignancy you should be under doctor carei ...Read more

See 1 more doctor answer
10

10
I just had fna done on 1 of 3 thyroid nodules and report say 3cm heterogeneous soild nodule w/small cystic components, what does this mean?

I just had fna done on 1 of 3 thyroid nodules and report say 3cm heterogeneous soild nodule w/small cystic components, what does this mean?

Microscopic?: This report represents the gross pathologic findings but the microscopic. Microscopic results will define whether cells are benign or malignant. Usually the solid part of the nodule has the answer.Need further information. ...Read more

Dr. Abraham Jaskiel
13 doctors shared insights

Thyroid (Definition)

The thyroid is an endocrine gland that sits in the lower part of the neck. It produces thyroid hormone - which ...Read more


Dr. Eric Whitman
307 doctors shared insights

Thyroid Nodules (Definition)

Thyroid nodules are masses in the thyroid that vary in size and should be ...Read more