Doctor insights on:
Herpes Simplex Research
There are different types of herpes infections; herpes simplex infection of mouth (gingivostomatitis) and lips (labialis) are the most common. Others include genital herpes, and herpes zoster. Herpes infection could very mild to very dangerous depending on the type and location of the body affected. I ...Read more
Sexual intercourse -: No. The herpes simplex virus-1 is most often the cause of cold sores. It can be spread to the mouth or lips through activities like kissing or even sharing lipstick. It can spread to the genitals by mouth to genital contact or genital to genital contact. Herpes simplex virus -2 can be spread through vaginal, anal ; oral sex. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Herpes Simplex Virus: 1 most commonly causes cold sores. In some cases - it can also cause lesions on the genitals. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Herpes simplex virus infection research
- Herpes simplex
- Can herpes simplex type 1 turn into type 2?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does herpes simplex 2 cause an increase of bacterial vaginosis?
- Can the herpes simplex virus affect the thyroid gland?
- Oral herpes simplex
- Does everyone have herpes simplex 1?
- Talk to a dermatologist online