Doctor insights on:
Herpes On Arm
There are different types of herpes infections; herpes simplex infection of mouth (gingivostomatitis) and lips (labialis) are the most common. Others include genital herpes, and herpes zoster. Herpes infection could very mild to very dangerous depending on the type and location of the body affected. I ...Read more
Ice for the pain: If the herpes infection is gone and this is just the residual pain and burning after shingles, then applying an ice pack tends to give some relief. Sarna lotion may also help, and topical Lidocaine can be soothing as well. There are also stronger prescription medications that can help too. If there is an active herpes infection, then that should be treated with anti-viral meds asap. ...Read more
If you have herpes on your lip and you kiss your arm or hand would you get herpes on your arm or hand?
I am in the medical field and contacted herpes type 2 on my arm. How can I treat it? How cautious should I be?
Valtrex: Also zovirax, Acyclovir and topical zovirax ointment can be used to treat herpes. It decreases symptoms and shedding time of the virus but is not a cure. Contagion is a critical issue if you work with newborns or people who are immune compromised. In healthy individuals it is highly unlikely to be contracted without intimate contact or without direct contact to mucous membrane or broken skin. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Herpes simplex: Not likely. But without seeing this and having more history impossible to exclude possibility. See a doctor and have them examine this. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to treat herpes on my arm?
- Can you get herpes on your arm?
- Can a person have herpes outbreak on their arm?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What do herpes look like on your arm?
- Can u get herpes on ur face?
- Are yellow spots on my skin normal they are on my upper arm?
- Is a pimple on the edge of my lip herpes?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free