Doctor insights on:
Herpes No Symptoms For Years
There are different types of herpes infections; herpes simplex infection of mouth (gingivostomatitis) and lips (labialis) are the most common. Others include genital herpes, and herpes zoster. Herpes infection could very mild to very dangerous depending on the type and location of the body affected. I ...Read more
How likely is it to contract genital herpes but not have any symptoms for years later? Or do most people develop symptoms soon after?
24 yes old..been with fiance for 5 years..he's not my first should i get a herpes test if him nor I have symptoms?
Herpes testing: The likelihood is very low. When you get pregnant they test for herpes because having herpes during delivery is a risk to the infant. How will it change things for you knowing you have the virus ( once infected it stay for life), you/him could have gotten it years ago as it is intermittant? If your positive and he is not it just may open concerns that will have a negative impact and visa versa. ...Read more
In my teenage years around 5 or 6 yes ago I had alot of sex partners but I don't have any symptoms of herpes as of now...what do I do?
Clarify: So are you worried because you've had herpes in the past? Exposed to herpes in the past but never had symptoms? Don't know if you were exposed and are concerned that you may have been? The best way to deal with your concerns is to have a conversation with your doctor or have live conversation here on HealthTap. More information is needed to completely address your fears. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Testing for herpes with no symptoms
- Symptoms for genital herpes
- Can a high fever for several days with no other symptoms be an ms exacerbation?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Sore throat for 5 days no other symptoms
- Genital herpes no symptoms
- Diarrhea for a week no other symptoms
- Describe the cause symptoms and treatment for herpes zoster shingles
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free