Doctor insights on:
Herbal Treatment For Spots On Toenails
We can try!: Toenail fungus is very common, and unfortunately very difficult to cure 100%. We can test the nail to see if it is a callused or traumatized nail or if it's fungus, and from there you have several options (again, none guaranteed 100%): topical or oral antifungal medications, laser nail treatment, or removal of the nail in severe cases. See your doctor to talk about which treatment is right for you. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Few: Choices are topicals, orals or laser. Topicals are the lease effective working about 8-10% of the time. Orals are most effective - shold monitor liver function enzymes when going on them. Lasers are better than topicals not quite as good as orals and while you don't have to monitor blood they are expensive about 750-1, 000 for the treatment. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Is toenail fungus with M. Gypseum contagious to other family members? How can I avoid spreading during treatment?
Spreading is a myth.: In short, dermatophytes are saprophytes - meaning an organism that grows on non living tissue. The nail has to have some sort of damage, thickness, pulling up from the nail bed first for the fungus to get into or under the nail. Unless someone is immunologically compromised, it is very rare to 'pass' the fungus from one person to another. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Herbal treatment for small white spots on inside of cheek
- Herbal treatment for red spots on face or chest that blanch
- Herbal treatment for blue gray spots on lips
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Herbal treatment for ingrown toenail
- Herbal treatment for fewer than 5 cafe au lait spots
- What is the best treatment for red spots on face or chest that blanch?
- What is the best treatment for blue gray spots on lips?
- Talk to a dermatologist online