Doctor insights on:
Herbal Treatment For Pigeon Chest
No: A pigeon chest is a deformity of the sternum in teenagers called pectus carinitum or excavatum. These are usually not responsible for any symptoms but are mostly cosmetic. A barrel chest is the result of COPD or emphysema and is an over expansion of the lungs from smoking resulting in the entire rib cage billowing out ke a barrel. ...Read more
Pigeon chest (pectus carinatum) is a feature in which the front central part of a person's chest sticks out forwards, resembling the protruding breastbone area of a pigeon. Usually, pigeon chest is a feature that a person is born with, and becomes more prominent in appearance as he grows ...Read more
Likely nothing: Pectus carinatum is best operated when young. Unlikely to cause you physical trouble. If not very exaggerated in the appearance, you likely should leave alone. Thoracic surgeons and some pediatric thoracic surgeons are interested in, and expert, in the condition. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Sir if a person has pigeon chest and his age is our 22 years. is there any chance to cure this other than surgery????
Sir please tell me what are the severe conditions of pigeon chest?
and if a person has no problem having pigeon chest is he medically fit or not?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best treatment for pigeon chest?
- Herbal treatment for red spots on face or chest that blanch
- Herbal treatment for chest tightness
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Herbal treatment for enlarged chest lymph nodes
- Herbal treatment for mild chest pain
- Herbal treatment for chest pain on deep breaths
- Herbal treatment for sunken chest
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free