Doctor insights on:
Herbal Treatment For Facial Tics
What are treatment options for an 11 year old who exhibits facial tics such as eye blinking andd mouth opening?
Sudden onset?: If the tics have a sudden onset, then pandas needs to be considered particularly if they started after an illness. Stressful psychosocial events can trigger a tic in a susceptible individual. Developmental or benign tics usually start around 7 yo, so this is a bit late. Please get a thorough evaluation by a well trained doctor in this area. There are many effective treatment options once DX made. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Many: Facial tics can be developmental (occurring as normal development signs in 6-8 year olds), or part of a motor movement disorder (such as tourette's) . Sometimes tics can be an adverse effect from medications. Also, tics can be caused by a neuroautoimmune process called panda's. See: intramural.Nimh.Nih.Gov/pdn/web.Htm. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
If they are not a : recurrence of a chronic tic disorder or Tourette Syndrome that began before age 18, then she needs to be evaluated for a cause, first by her primary care doctor, then by a neurologist, if need be. Adult-onset tics can be from a neurological disorder, trauma or infection affecting facial nerves or "meth" or cocaine ingestion. Tics must be differentiated from muscle spasms or twitches, myoclonus. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Herbal treatment for facial hair growth
- Herbal treatment for facial muscle spasms
- Herbal treatment for facial swelling
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment for facial tics?
- Herbal treatment for facial muscle weakness
- Herbal treatment for facial paralysis
- Herbal treatment for motor tics
- Talk to a pediatrician online