Doctor insights on:
Herbal Treatment For Excessive Daytime Sleepiness
Causes of sleepiness: Excessive sleepiness can be caused by not getting enough sleep, depression, sleep apnea (snoring & stopping breathing in sleep). Less common causes include narcolepsy, idiopathic hypersomnia, hormonal disorders such as low thyroid, severe anemia, chronic infections, brain tumors, etc. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Talk to Dr.: You should talk to your doctor. Rhey may refer you to a sleep specialist. A sleep specialist may do a series of sleep studies including an overnight study and a nap study. The best thing is to make sure you give them a schedule of how you sleep and all the medications that you're on and your medical history. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Extremely tired after eating a normal meal. Is this when Excessive Daytime Sleepiness is at its worst?
Many things: Some conditions like sleep apnea and restless legs syndrome interfere with sleep at night, resulting in tiredness/sleepiness in the day. Others are sleep disorders that themselves produce sleepiness, like narcolepsy. Still others are effects of medications or drugs; some mental illnesses like depression too. See your doctor for an evaluation. Can also see a sleep medicine doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: Yes.Get a more detailed answer ›
Yes: A expensive drug which works well.Get a more detailed answer ›
Yes it can: It depends on u age.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Herbal treatment for daytime sleepiness
- What is the best treatment for excessive daytime sleepiness?
- Narcolepsy excessive daytime sleepiness
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Eds excessive daytime sleepiness
- Excessive daytime sleepiness causes
- Excessive daytime sleepiness
- Are there alternative therapies for excessive daytime sleepiness?
- Talk to a neurologist online