Doctor insights on:
Herbal Remedy Gout Prevention
Sounds fishy.: This herbal prep is not part of any standard therapy -site says #1 doctor recommended!. Allopurinol is a great drug for preventing gout. Colchicine (colcrys), Colchicine / probenecid , non steroidal anti-iinflammatory drugs, and Prednisone are great drugs for treating acute gout. Gout is often unpredictable. You may spend a lot of money on euicelax before you discover it doesn't really work. ...Read more
Recurring toe gout. Orthopaedic treats with cordisone shots. Other treatment/prevention available? Definitely not due to diet.
For gout.. Do you know of any alternative treatment other then allupurinol to lower uric acid, for prevention of gout episodes?
Yes: Gout is caused by your body's poor handling of proteins called purines. A diet low in purines certainly helps. Also, stay well hydrated. This helps prevent uric acid kidney stones as well as reduces joint attacks. Anecdotally, cherry juice seems to help as well. Have your uric acid checked regularly and if these methods aren't enough, take Allopurinol or uloric. Gout destroys joints. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Consider diet change: Consider researching a low purine diet. Purines are a breakdown of protein that convert to uric acid. You may be greatly surprised at the number of foods that are part of a healthy diet that are high in purines that could trigger gout: oatmeal, mushrooms, asparagus, tuna, etc. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Home herbal remedy for healing lichen simplex chronicus
- Are there any good herbal remedies for svt?
- Homeopathy and herbal remedies are forms of
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Any herbal remedies heal leg ulcer
- Herbal homeopathic remedies for retinal vein occlusions
- What herbal remedies should you not take while taking xanax?
- What herbal remedies work well for poor concentration or poor attention?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free