Doctor insights on:
Hep B high,Hep C low: Hepatitis is a broad term and there are viral and non-viral causes. Assuming you are talking about contracting hepatitis b or c, then hepatitis b is considered much more contagious sexually than hep c, unless barrier methods are used. Also hep b can be passed from mother to child during birth. In a monogamous relationship, hepatitis c is transmitted. ...Read more
VERY COMMON: Sexually transmitted disease. Avoid it.Get a more detailed answer ›
Yes...maybe : Here are two extremes. A monogamous heterosexual couple has one partner who finds out he has hcv. If the other partner is negative the cdc does not recommend condom use. On the other hand, we have an epidemic of hcv in men who have unprotected anal sex with other men. Condom use is strongly recommended in this case. New partners should use condoms for hcv, hiv, hep b, syphilis, gc, chlamydia, etc. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My boyfriend just told me he has hepatitis C we had sex once so how long should I wait before i go to doctor?
When was sex?: After a risky exposure, it can take 3-6 months for hepatitis c antibodies to be detectable. But you might want to get tested now to see if you already have hcv. Heterosexual vaginal sex has a low risk of hcv transmission, so you will want to talk to your boyfriend and your doctor about how to be safely intimate. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Patients hepatitis sexual sex partner
- Anal mouth sex acts hepatitis
- Can u get hepatitis c from sex?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i transmit hepatitis c by having sex?
- Can you get hepatitis b from sex?
- Can i still have sex if i have hepatitis?
- Is it possible to have sex with some one with hepatitis and not catch it?
- Talk to a hepatologist online for free