Doctor insights on:
Hemoglobin A1c W Reflex To Glycomark
Which of these tests is the hiv test. The comprehensive metabolic panel, the lipid panel, or the hemoglobin A1C. I can't tell which one is for hiv.
Poor sugar control: Hemoglobin A1c measures average blood sugar over approximately the past 3 months. It is the measure of how much hemoglobin is attached to sugar molecules in the blood. Sugar in your blood binds to the hemoglobin of the red blood cell and stays there throughout the cell's lifetime (120 days). At high levels of blood sugar, more reacts w/ the hemoglobin, causing an elevated hemoglobin a1c. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Average blood sugar: Hemoglobin A1c is a measure of the percentage of red blood cells permanently bound to glucose. Normally about 5% of our red cells are glycosolated. If you have greater than 6.5% you are diabetic. It is not affected by fasting, and since our rbc's live 90-120 days, it reflects an average over that time. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Anemia vs diabetes: A hemoglobin is measured to screen someone for anemia. A hemoglobin a1c is measured to screen for diabetes or to evaluate a person known to have diabetes. They are quite different, though certain disorders of hemoglobin type can also alter how one should interpret an a1c value. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is tsh w reflex to ft4?
- Tsh w reflex to ft4 what is this blood test
- Do you have to fast for hemoglobin a1c test?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long do you have to fast for a hemoglobin a1c test?
- Surepath w ascus reflex to hpv and ct ng dna pcr surepath
- Surepath w ascus reflex to hpv
- How to lower hemoglobin a1c with herbal supplements?
- Talk to a hematologist online for free